WEIRDLAND: Taylor Swift "swifting sides" with Jake Gyllenhaal ("Mean" video)

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Taylor Swift "swifting sides" with Jake Gyllenhaal ("Mean" video)


Taylor Swift is not a girl you want to mess with. She has written fiery kiss-off songs to exes from Taylor Lautner to Joe Jonas to John Mayer, and it looks like her latest video ‘Mean’ targets her brief relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal!

Taylor, 21, says she wrote the song as a response to critics who didn’t like her music, but the video seems to have a lot of metaphor to a bad relationship — likely with Jake, 30. Primarily, Taylor takes the role of an old-time damsel-in-distress, tied to train tracks by a mustache-twirling bad guy. The lyrics that play over the scene may surprise you:
“You, with your switching sides,
And your walk by lies and your humiliation
You, have pointed out my flaws again,
As if I don’t already see them.
I walk with my head down,
Trying to block you out cause I’ll never impress you
I just wanna feel okay again.”

Jake Gyllenhaal awaits a train passing in "Source Code" (2011)

Hmm. Could “switching sides” refer to Jake being spotted out with Joe’s ex-girlfriend Camilla Belle? Could Taylor “never impress” the older Jake? And “I just wanna feel okay again?” Sounds like she’s trying desperately to move on!
Source: www.hollywoodlife.com

4 comments :

Kiki said...

That song was out BEFORE Taylor Swift's SHOWMANCE with Jake Gyllenhaal.

Not sure who is more pathetic - bore called Taylor Swift who uses closeted gays to get prublicity, or Jake Gyllenhaal bearding with someone like her.

Elena said...

Are you sure this song was written before Taylor flirting with Jake? anyway, I always thought she fantasizes her relationship a bit too much into her songs!

Anonymous said...

Kiki is right but I'm actually a huge Taylor Swift fan and think this song is incredible and so inspirational

Elena said...

Taylor's songs aren't my cup of tea but I value she songwrites her tunes!