WEIRDLAND: More 'Prince of Persia' Interviews

Monday, May 31, 2010

More 'Prince of Persia' Interviews

Jake Gyllenhaal in Glamour magazine.
Jake Gyllenhaal - USA Today Portraits.
Scan of Gemma Arterton and Jake Gyllenhaal in "New" magazine.


Jake Gyllenhaal reveals how he got in fighting shape for "Prince of Persia." Plus, did he do his own stunts?


Prince Of Persia (2010) - 1 min Clip: Fire From Above


Jake Gyllenhaal trained hard to get a rock solid body and bulging biceps to star in the action-packed adventure, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Gyllenhaal was up for the challenge of taking on his first larger than life character, based on one of his favorite childhood video games.

Tribute's Bonnie Laufer spoke with Gyllenhaal (who was in a very good and playful mood) exclusively about bringing out his inner child, his vigorous training schedule, what freaked him out on the set and who he would choose to be his partner if he were to go on "The Amazing Race."


Découvrez l'interview de Jake Gyllenhaal

Q.I want to ask you about the Parkour (free-running) stunts. Are you quite good at that now?

A.No, I have to say. I saw this thing on MTV called "The Ultimate Parkour Challenge" ... where they brought in some of the best Parkour athletes in the world. And I watched them do all these crazy things, which was actually semi-disturbing to see because they got injured quite a lot and I just thought 'I've got no idea what I'm doing, these guys are extraordinary.' The fundamentals I do know and I can do things, but ultimately I cannot say I'm a card carrying Parkour athlete. I just try to mimic. I did jumps, I did my own jumps and different things but the dangerous stuff was done by the professionals." Source: www.observer-reporter.com

No comments :