WEIRDLAND: R.I.P. Brittany Murphy

Monday, December 21, 2009

R.I.P. Brittany Murphy

Brittany Murphy as Shellie in Sin City (2005).Marley Shelton and Brittany Murphy at Chateau Marmont Hotel, Stella Party, West Hollywood, on 17th October 2002.Brittany Murphy at the premiere of "The Dead Girl" at AFI Fest 2006. AFI Fest Village, Hollywood, CA.November 7, 2006.


Alicia Silversone and Brittany Murphy in a promotional picture of "Clueless" (1995).

Alicia Silverstone: "I always felt connected to her as we shared a very special experience in our lives together," Silverstone told PEOPLE on Sunday after Murphy's shocking death at age 32. "I feel love in my heart for her – and hope she is at peace. This is truly sad." Source: www.people.com


"The sudden and tragic news of 32-year-old actress Brittany Murphy's death Sunday morning (December 20) has clearly touched fans and colleagues alike. While Murphy's friends and family mourn her untimely death in private, many celebrities have taken to Twitter to acknowledge the actress' life and work.
Brittany Murphy as Rhonda, a lesbian inmate in "Freeway" (1996).Brittany shared a memorable make-up session with Reese Witherspoon in "Freeway", directed by Matthew Bright.Brittany Murphy played unstable suicidal Daisy in "Girl Interrupted" (1999).Brittany Murphy with Kirsten Dunst in "The Devil's Arithmetic" (1999).Brittany Murphy as Nikki in "Spun" (2002).Brittany Murphy played Alex in "8 Mile" with Eminem (2002).

"My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon", tweeted Ashton Kutcher, Murphy's "Just Married" co-star and former off-screen boyfriend. "See you on the other side, kid."
Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy in "Just Married" (2003).

Lindsay Lohan wrote: "My deepest condolences go out to all of Brittany Murphy's loved ones and may she rest in peace. ... She was a great talent w/a beautiful soul xo."

"Brittany Murphy was an incredible ray of light to so many people", Jessica Simpson tweeted. "Her smile was contagious. My prayers are with her family and loved ones.

Friend Eliza Dushku said, "My heart aches having just learned of Brittany Murphy's death. We were friends time-to-time thru the yrs. I always admired her pure spirit."
Brittany Murphy in NY Times Magazine, on 1st September, 2002.

"Brittany Murphy and I did a USO Tour together in 2003", Alyssa Milano recalled. "She was a sweet soul, with a lot of talent and heart."

Fred Durst, whose manager Murphy used to date, wrote, "RIP Brittany Murphy. What a sweet human being. My prayers are with her friends and family."

"Am beyond words by the loss of Brittany Murphy," Soleil Moon Frye tweeted. "I was so blessed to know your grace. My heart goes out to your mama+ loved ones."

"Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist" star Kat Dennings wrote simply, "R.I.P Brittany Murphy. This is so awful."

"Am very shocked to hear of Brittany Murphy's passing," director Edgar Wright tweeted. "Was a fan of her in 'Clueless', 'Freeway' and 'Sin City'. Very sad to lose someone so young."Simon Pegg said: "Just heard about Brittany Murphy. How very sad. Met her briefly after Sin City. Seemed a great girl. My sympathy to her friends and family."

And critic Roger Ebert tweeted her praise, writing, "Brittany Murphy, dead at 32. She had a genuine quality."
Source: www.mtv.com

"Probably best known for her work as the made-over Tai in Amy Heckerling's Clueless, Murphy was recently replaced on the set of her latest starring vehicle, The Caller, for being a disruption and hindering production. Her replacement, Rachelle Lefevre, herself was recently replaced in the Twilight series by Bryce Dallas Howard. Murphy's rep stated "creative differences" as the reason for the split. Murphy was also written out of the upcoming Sylvester Stallone actioner, The Expendables, after being cast.Brittany Murphy and Kirsten Dunst in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" (1999).
Her other credits include Girl Interrupted, Drop Dead Gorgeous, 8 Mile, Just Married, Spun,Uptown Girls, Little Black Book, The Dead Girl, Summer Catch, Riding in Cars with Boys, and Sin City".
Source: www.cinematical.com

Note from Weirdland: Brittany Murphy was such a lovely, passionate actress. I'm totally shocked by these sad news.
What a loss and a terrible end note for these Christmas Holidays. May she rest in peace. My condolences go out to her family, friends and fans of her work.



Brittany Murphy fan-video.

Brittany's Personal Quotes:
[On seeing her Girl, Interrupted (1999) character on screen] "I always envisioned her looking like a spindly blonde, but she looked like me".

"I don't read the script a zillion times, I don't like to analyze things and my mind can go there very easily."

"I've always seen myself as one of those 'show people.' My earliest memories are wanting and needing to entertain people, like a gypsy traveler who goes from place to place, city to city, performing for audiences and reaching people."

"Home is where my mom is."


Brittany Murphy wants Kirsten Dunst to have her costume, after Dunst is told she cannot perform without a pre approved costume.

8 comments :

countsheep said...

rip Brittany, I can't believe it, she was so great in Girl interrupted, Riding in Cars with Boys, Spun, Sin City and many more ...

Elena said...

yes, countsheep, Brittany was so gracious and a dynamic actress. Such a shame she has died at the age of 32. She will be missed.

Anonymous said...

I only saw this just now. Such a shame for such a young person. May she R.I.P.
Penny Lane

Elena said...

yes, Penny Lane, shameful and depressing, we know Hollywood isn't always kind to young starlettes, but she was too young to die.

Unknown said...

Brittny Murphey....i just watched your movie last night, another one, I've seen all your movies..and than I googled you to show my mother THE ACTRESS THAT STOLE MY HEART! AND I found out you died. What a sad fact. But i know you did what you came here to do and now your back home with god. But know that you will ALWAYS BE LOVED AND MISSED BY EVERYONE, NOT JUST YOUR FAMILY. For you worked and made your place into the hearts of many. And i ask, what greATER PURPOSE IS THERE IN LIFE THAN THAT. I just want to thank you for loving us all the years of your life and sharing yourself with us; always in our memory Brittney, may you forever and ever be loved and rest in peace. Amen.

Elena said...

precious words which I subscribe wholeheartedly, Jaffa, welcome!

Anonymous said...

Brittany Murphy was and always will be my favorite actress. She was so talented, yet so underrated. She will love on through her movies and in the hearts of those who loved her. May her beautiful soul be at peace.

Anonymous said...

Brittany Murphy was bellisima and great artist.